Who We Are
My name is Maria Calasso, but most people know me as Kiki. I am the owner of Sublime Salon and Spa and have spent the last 31 years in the beauty business. My career began at age 16 when I worked for a beauty supply company in Trenton, N.J. I fell in love with the business and knew I wanted to learn everything I could about it. I remained with this company for 8 years and then decided to go to cosmetology school. I attended Baron's Castle Academy in Northeast Phila. with my sister to try another aspect of the beauty business After graduating from beauty school, she went directly into the salon to work while I went back to working for the beauty supply company as a sales representative. It was during this time that I walked into my first spa and knew this was what I wanted for myself. I left the beauty supply company shortly after and went to work at my first salon in Newtown. I stayed in the Newtown area for 15 years when a salon in Wrightstown became available. I opened my first salon in 2003.
In 2010, I was able to find the perfect site for Sublime Salon & Spa in Newtown. Soon our staff of 13 grew and in 2015 we moved to a larger location in the same center. We now have 29 staff members and offer a full menu of spa and salon services for hair, nails, skin, and massage therapy. I am extremely proud of the business my staff and I have created. I feel so lucky to be able to do what I love everyday with an amazing bunch of people. We have a warm, friendly yet professional atmosphere.
Barbara: Hair Stylist
- 41 years experience
- Education: Middle Bucks Institute of Technology. Continuing Education: Brazilian Blowout Certified, Marcia Keratin Certified, Redken Symposium, Advanced Redken training with Sam Villa & Patrick McGiver
- Specialties: Color, Keratin Treatments, Upstyles and formal hair.
- What excites you about the industry: "I love the one on one interaction with clients, being part of their lives and contributing to them feeling good about themselves. It's great to be creative and involved in the constantly changing trends and visions."
- Hobbies: Running, spending time at the beach, avid reader. Love spending time with family and friends.
Theresa: Hair Stylist
- 25 years experience.
- Graduated from Middle Bucks County Beauty School. Theresa has continued her education throughout her career to always keep up to date with her skills and changing styles.
- Specialties: Love doing color & foils and especially the different trends of colors. Also really enjoy giving a great haircut & style.
- What excites you about the industry: I have been in the industry for a long time but I still love it as much as when I first began! It doesn't feel like a job to me. Making people feel good about themselves is one of the best parts of this profession!
- Hobbies: Family, friends, reading and vacations.
Fran: Nail Tech
- 17 years of expereince
- Education: graduated from Bucks County School of Beauty Culture
- Specialties: Manicures, especially gel manicures, and pedicures
- What excites you about the industry: "I'm a perfectionist who takes pride in my work. I love meeting new clients and making people feel good about themselves."
- Hobbies: Gardening, going to the beach, spending time with family and loves to travel!
Rusty: Massage Therapist
- 32 years experience.
- Education: Graduated from Massage Arts & Science Center of Philadelphia. Continuing Education includes Hot Stone, Myofacial, Deep Tissue, Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Stretching Techniques.
- Specialties: Back, neck, shoulder work, stretching, hot stone, cupping, and bamboo work.
- What excites you about the industry: "Massage is always growing with new treatments and ideas. Massage offers so many benefits and yet so few have had one! I truly believe that everyone needs to experience how great a massage can make you feel!"
- Hobbies: Spending time with the family, going to the Jersey Shore and baseball.
Dianna: Hair Stylist & Esthetician
- 22 years experience
- Education: Graduated from Gordon Phillips Beauty Academy. Have additional certifications in Redken Color Academy, Sam Villa Color & Cutting, Loreal/Majerel Color Academy, MAC Makeup artist, SkinCeuticals Skincare, and Aveda Skincare line.
- Specialties: Color, highlights, latest in haircutting techniques.
- What excites you about the industry: "I love the whole beauty culture, everything about fashion & beauty. The greatest feeling for me is making my client look and feel beautiful, especially when they look in the mirror after a service and smile. I also enjoy all the interaction with my clients. Many of them are like friends and family to me."
- Hobbies: Cooking, walking, decorating/interior design in her home and playing with her puppy. Loves spending time with family and friends.
Pat: Hair Stylist
- 44 years experience.
- Education: Graduated from Middle Bucks Technical School. I also received a Manager's license in Cosmetology. I continually take classes to advance my education.
- Specialties: Hair coloring, chemical services, hair cutting, blowouts, updo's, and facial waxing.
- What excites you about the industry: "I enjoy giving a great hair cut, especially someone who is looking to try out a new style.
- Hobbies: Likes to garden. Love cooking, reading and crossword puzzles. Love spending time with her 3 grandchildren and doing activities with them.
Michelle: Hair Stylist
- 33 years experience.
- Graduated from Gordon Philips School of Cosmetology. And is a licensed EMT.
- Specialties: Hair cutting, coloring, utilizing various techniques in foiling with highlighting and low lighting
- What excites you about the industry: "I love the ever changing styles and trends and how the available products help aid the client to keep their styles looking great from visit to visit."
- Hobbies: Live music, crafting and fun art activities with her grandchildren.
Bonnie: Hair Stylist
- 30 years experience.
- Education: Graduated from Bucks County Technical School.
- Specialties: Color
- What excites you about the industry: "I really enjoy making people feel beautiful."
- Hobbies: Exercise
Elaine: Nail Tech
- 26 years experience.
- Education: Graduated from Middle Bucks County Technical School.
- Specialties: I do not have one specialty but my favorite thing to do are pedicures ("Nothing better than Happy Feet").
- What excites you about the industry: " I love making people happy and the social aspect of my job."
- Hobbies: Faux painting, reading, artsy projects, spending time with family (especially the grandkids!!)
Bettie: Hair Stylist
- 40 years experience.
- Education: Graduated from Wilfred Academy - Northeast and Sasoon Academy - Canada.
- Specialties: Hair cutting, Coloring, Highlights.
- What excites you about the industry: " I love that every day is different! I really like that I am constantly meeting new people and have the opportunity to make them look and feel good."
- Hobbies: Painting, walking, enjoying family & friends.
Jennette: Nail Tech
- 32 years experience.
- Education: Graduated from Bucks County School of Beauty Culture.
- Specialties: Acrylic nails.
- What excites you about the industry: " I love this business because your clients become your friends. I always try to have a positive attitude! I try to make people feel good on the inside and, of course, on the outside with beautiful nails."
- Hobbies: Enjoying her family and friends.
Monica: Nail Tech
- 25 years experience.
- Education: Graduated from Levittown Beauty Academy.
- Specialties: Manicures and Pedicures.
- What excites you about the industry: "I love meeting all my clients and socializing with them. I still enjoy my work every day!"
- Hobbies: Cooking, gardening and home improvement projects.
Chris: Hair Stylist & Nail Tech
- 17 years experience.
- Education: Graduated from Bucks County School of Beauty Culture and is a licensed EMT.
- Specialties: Updos
- What excites you about the industry: "I love meeting new people and new challenges."
- Hobbies: Kickboxing, home improvement projects and raising her daughter & son.
Kate: Hair Stylist
- 14 Years of Experience.
- Education: Graduated from LaSalle University in 2004 and soon after Levittown Beauty Academy. Worked as a DSR for Raylon Corporation with many continuing education classes, seminars, and exposure to various brands. Attended Redken Symposium and attained multiple Loreal Color certifications, including Master Color Expert, Cut, as well as Color Correction. Certified in various Keratin treatments and hair extension lines.
- Specialties: Adhesive extensions, Keratin treatments, Unite Cutting Academy.
- What excites you about the industry: "I enjoy being a part of someone's good day, and helping people feel good about themselves. When you look good, you feel good. I embrace industry trnds and stay up yo date on the latest tools and technology,"
- Hobbies: "I have 2 children and we enjoy spending time at the beach, crabbing and kayaking in the bay. I like to do a large flower garden each year. I volunteer at my children's school when needed. I love to try new things."